Thursday, February 14, 2013

I SOLD It!

Yep - that's right - I sold one of the pieces (the one below) I made for the No-Show!  SO excited that despite the stinko situation, I was true to myself and true to the beautiful pieces that I make. 

I went to a show this weekend, it was pretty d-e-d...however a very sweet woman came to my table (I was tucked away from the main rooms) and she fell in LOVE with this necklace!  I felt like a SuperStar!  It just reminded me that regardless of how discouraged I feel, God has given me this talent.

The other thing I'm reminded of is that OTHER PEOPLE LIKE MY STUFF! Ok, some of you are like 'Duh!  That's why you're selling, right?' - well kinda - but the truth is - I sell so I can feed my beading habit.  =)  The whole process just reminded how important it is to remember that this woman (No-Show) liked my jewelry that I had made just for fun - not because I was trying to make something specifically for a wedding.  It also reminded me of how fragile my feelings toward my work can be so easily be broken. 

I  realized that I pour so much of ME into each piece I make.  Every time I make something - a piece of me goes with it.  That's either really COOL to think or really CREEPY. =)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful piece! stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete