Well friends - here we are again - time for another intro for another partner for the Swap N Hop. It's like the 1st day of school for me - filled with so much excitement, wonder as to what I'll send and receive, what we'll end up making....just an EXCITING time of the year for me.
This year, again, we've opened things up to Instagram. You can see my feed here:
I find myself posting my newest pieces on Instagram, as I'm working to build my following there and hopefully open up some new business opportunities.
1. Why or how did you get started in making jewelry?
I went home and found a "how to make jewelry class" that night. As they say...the rest is history =) ------> that's my first piece ever
2. What style(s) of jewelry do you like to make?
|Appeared in Beadwork Magazine Oct 2017|
|Made this for a friend for Christmas|
Typically, I'll use anything from handcrafted lampwork beads, to Swarovski pearls and crystal, to bits and bobs of fabric, to beads purchased at big box stores, beads from tradeshows and anything else I find interesting. I like things that are unique - be it in color, style, size, shape, sparkle...something interesting. AND I'm kinda obsessed with handmade beads, right now.
Generally, I avoid seed beads, earthy/rustic colors and anything that generally just doesn't appeal to me (seriously, no aventurine).
|I set the birthstones in this gorgeous Grandmother's ring|
I like to make many styles of jewelry. I consider myself a stringer, first and foremost. I've done pearl knotting, kumihimo, wire crochet, play with resin, some painting and some basic wire work. I've done some bead weaving, but it's certainly NOT something I'm able to do without a pattern or make up.
5. What colors do you use most, and which do you run screaming from?
I love working with color. When making a piece versatile, having more colors involved tends to make something easier to wear with many things. I typically lean to silvers and coppers for metals. I'd also say that anything with rainbow colors is VERY difficult for me to pass up. ;)
I've realized that making pieces with 1 color are REALLY tough for me. Someone suggested I make a black necklace. I didn't (and still don't know) where to start. I want to add color! Can't win 'em, all right?
Some other random trivia:
- I'm a Christian and hope that my light shines bright each day
- My fav animals include hippos, giraffe, flamingos and of course, Peeps
- I'm a night owl - that's when I feel the most creative
- I love cherries - not the flavor - but the shape. (my biz name is cherryontopdesign) =)
- My favorite shirts are either a deep royal blue or a teal green
- I prefer white chocolate over milk and DEF over dark
- I'm a pretty decent photographer
- I love PJs and fun socks - I wear them most of the day....every day.
- I've had major health issues for nearly 14 years
- I'm often the 1%...99% of people have no issues.... I'm the 1% who does =)
- I love to laugh.....alot.
- I LOVE board games
- I love to plan an awesome party!
To be sure you don’t miss out on any of my crazy adventures, you can sign up to follow my blog by email or news servers using the links in the right column of my page. You can also follow me on Facebook get updates about blog posts, my latest jewelry designs, show schedule, and other happenings!