Monday, August 17, 2015

Week #33 - Memorial Earrings

Last Monday, I received a text that no one wants to receive.  My uncle died.  Earlier that morning, he'd called to get fuel oil delivered to his farm.... within 2 hours (and before the fuel arrived) he was gone.  He'd fallen face first on the ground.  A woman, who happened to be a nurse, had driven by his home and thought something didn't look right.  She turned around and tried CPR - to no avail.  She also called the rescue squad but he was already blue. 

Uncle Chester




It's been a difficult week and Saturday was the funeral.  Things I learned about him:
- He had taken 60 hours of ground, flight school
- He donated 136 pints of blood - nearly 17 gallons (no wonder he was so pale!)
- You could set the clock by him.....9am he was at McDonalds. 
- He was very well loved, despite never marrying, having a girlfriend or a family of his own
- He was ready to be called to the Lord
- He'd spent time with the Lord that morning - reading his Bible and doing his daily devotional. - The Pastor noted that he'd had his quiet time and the Lord said "Chester, I wanna continue this conversation" - which REALLY was an incredible picture in my mind (and frankly, brings tears to my eyes)
- He was a farmer most of his life, except when he was in the service
- He served at Ft. Belvoire and I had worked there, as well, when I lived in the DC area
- Church was often canceled on Sunday nights during the Fair, so that the entire church could go cheer him and my other Uncle Wally on, at the Demo Derby

So, to honor him and his love of cows - I present this week's earrings:



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
To be sure you don’t miss out on any of my crazy adventures, you can sign up to follow my blog by email or news servers using the links in the right column of my page. You can also follow me on Facebook get updates about blog posts, my latest jewelry designs, show schedule, and other happenings!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing man. The earrings are a lovely tribute to your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing man. The earrings are a lovely tribute to your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a nice tribute to your uncle... I love your cow-inspired earrings in his honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These earrings are a great tribute to your uncle. I'm so sorry for your loss, Linda.

    ReplyDelete