Saturday, August 8, 2015

JSBArts Beach Blog Hop

Hello Dear Friends - Please excuse my tardy entry.  You don't wanna know and frankly - who needs excuses? Right?

So, a few weeks ago, I received some hand crafted, one of a kind beads from Shawna Barnes of JSB Arts. Her theme was Summer Lovin'!




 TOTALLY exciting!  I love EVERY.THING. beach so I was ALL OVER this! =)

I will say - I was VERY challenged with this round.  For a couple of reasons - personal reasons, as you see above and I really had no.idea. what to do with the beads I was sent.  They were in colors I wasn't expecting, so it really took me a while to kinda think through how *I* could make them shine.

What I received - sweet beads and some silk

After thinking long and hard.... I decided to go with some gorgeous beach colored glass beads I had.  I loved that they helped bring the neutral color of the designer beads, up to a beachy look.  I, also, found some GORGEOUS Amazonite that tied all the colors together.

Now, to figure out how to put it together.... I could just string it - but why?  Does jewelry cable really help the design?  Not really.  So, I went through my drawer of goodness and found some beautiful green/tealy waxed linen cording that was PERFECTION!  I have never used it, so in keeping with another challenge I've issued myself, to continue learning and trying new products during challenges, I dug in.  =)

It took me 3 tries to FINALLY get it to where I liked it, the knots worked well together, even spacing etc.... but I fell in love with it.  Pretty proud, indeed!


My piece - ceramic beads, glass beads, Amazonite, bead caps and a gorgeous anchor charm

Details of handmade beads and cute linen in between

If I were to do it again, I'd have made the knots a bit bigger, but otherwise - very proud of this bracelet and am VERY excited to wear it!



Thank you, Shawna for putting this together!. Check out some of my friends work here:

To see more of Shawna's components available for purchase, please see her Artisan Component Marketplace store.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
To be sure you don’t miss out on any of my crazy adventures, you can sign up to follow my blog by email or news servers using the links in the right column of my page. You can also follow me on Facebook get updates about blog posts, my latest jewelry designs, show schedule, and other happenings!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1 comment:

  1. Love it Linda! Thank you soo much for participating! Looking forward to hearing about what you thought of the beads, and if you have any critiques for me moving forward. <3

    ReplyDelete