|My first piece ever|
I got into jewelry by way of a craft show. I purchased a beautiful necklace for a family member for $38. The next week, I saw the same vendor at another show and mentioned that I had purchased a similar piece the week before. Her response was that they "got some more in". I thought "I thought you made it"? A few days later, while at a big box store, I see the same pendant for $4.99.
I went home and found a "how to make jewelry class" that night. As they say...the rest is history =)
2. What style(s) of jewelry do you like to make?
I'd say my style is classically elegant - at least - that's what I think. =) I like to make jewelry that can dress up any outfit (I like to say from ho-hum to SHA-ZAM!). It's also really important to me that pieces are versatile, so that you can wear it with many outfits vs just 1 piece in your wardrobe.
3. What materials do you prefer to use (and which ones do you avoid)?
4. What techniques do you prefer (and are there any you don't like)?
I like to make many styles of jewelry. I consider myself a stringer, first and foremost. I've done pearl knotting, kumihimo, wire crochet and some basic wire work.
I don't do bead weaving of any sort or anything involving heat. So, no soldering, lampworking or anything like that....I sure love the pieces - just don't make them.
5. What colors do you use most, and which do you run screaming from?
I love working with color. When making a piece versatile, having more colors involved tends to make something easier to wear with many things. I typically lean to silvers and coppers for metals. I'd also say that anything with rainbow colors is VERY difficult for me to pass up. ;)
I've realized that making pieces with 1 color are REALLY tough for me. Someone suggested I make a black necklace. I didn't (and still don't know) where to start. I want to add color! Can't win 'em, all right?
Some other random trivia:
- The names of my college and last name are the same
- My college colors and high school colors were the same - orange and black
- I'm a pretty decent photographer
- I love PJs - I wear them most of the day....every day.
- I've had major health issues for nearly 12 years
- I'm often the 1%...99% of people have no issues.... I'm the 1% who does =)
- I love to laugh.....alot.
- I love to plan an awesome party!
- I CANNOT WAIT to get my partner and get to know her! I'm SO EXCITED!
|Fun after my BFF's weddin'|