Saturday, March 30, 2013

BEAD SOUP! Nom Nom!

BEAD SOUP REVEAL!!!
Ok some of you are like...uh...what?!

Several months ago, I joined a little group known as Bead Soup Cafe and what we do there is several times a year, a very SWEET and ORGANIZED woman opens up the opportunity to exchange "Bead Soup" with a partner, who has a style quite different from your own.  You are given a few weeks to put together a BANGING piece of jewelry from what is sent to you.  It is requested that you send REALLY nice beads and must have a clasp as well as a 'focal' piece.  Over 500!! People signed up and you can see them all right here: http://lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-first-reveal.html

My partner was a very kind and adorable lady named Jackie and her blog is: http://jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/ - please take a moment to visit!  She's from the great Commonwealth of Kentucky! (I don't think KY is a state? - anyway)  She sent me a beautiful mixture of beads that she made and thought would go together swimingly. =)  

If I'm being honest, it was a challenge for me (and it should have been).  I'm much more of a bright, chunky, silvery kinda gal and was presented with a mixture totally out of my comfort zone.  If I'm being more honest - i LOVED it!  I LOVED being stretched to look at things I wouldn't typically gravitate towards and making it kinda fit my style.  SO - without further adieu I give you what was sent to me.  

 

And THIS is what I made!!!   I LOVE IT!! =)  OH and she MADE the STUNNER of a pendant and the matching beads - she MADE THEM!!















40 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love working with handmade beads...they are amazing! for me, I love dragonflies, so that just pulls it all together!! ~KM http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33113.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo..Your chunky necklace is fun...Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is Wow! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ! Nice big necklace... just how I like em !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you ventured out of your comfort zone. Bead Soup is great for that. Big bold beautiful piece.

    And PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE turn of CAPTCHA for a few days so we vision-challenged beaders can comment. These take me multiple tries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP, I'm visiting all blogs...
    beautiful necklace, great work!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the use of the orange and blue! It makes the neutrals stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now see? I don't really do big and chunky, but that is such a gorgeous design! I just love it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing how other people are stretched to try new designs or learn new techniques to compliment their soups! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and chunky! Lots of fun. Great work.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your chunky necklace, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strong design and great style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning necklace. Love the colors.Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - great piece! So bold, and yet very wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done! The clasp on the side is a great design element and one would never guess that you weren't totally comfortable with the boldness of your ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  16. By the way, Kentucky is one of the 50 states. I love your writing style. It is perky and bright like your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The contrast of the beads all blend so well together truly a lovely necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful, bold necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful work well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super necklace, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a great job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colours, I especially like the clasp on the side. It is too pretty to hide!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how your use of the white beads brought light and contrast to the intricate design of the trade beads. Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great necklace! The blue beads make it pop right off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty necklace. What an awesome bead soup and what you did with it is just as awesome. Great job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very bold and pretty...that focal looks good enough to eat nom nom. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, you did such a great job with the bold beads! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Earthy, but true to your bold style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. A perfectly balanced necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cool color combination! It looks like a necklace that you can wear pretty much year around. And anything that has the colors of milk and dark chocolate gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very unique focal and you used it very successfully! Love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You should be really proud of this! And I honestly think you should contact BeadStyle magazine and submit it -- the pendant, the way you made it, is terrific, and the colors are great. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a GREAT job with you bead soup! Love how you've used the pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE your soup! How beautiful! You did a great job using it! :)

    <3,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think most of the fun of the BSBP is getting to work with items we would not have usually chosen for ourselves. It sounds like you were presented with just that challenge and you totally had some fun with it. Your piece turned out so nicely. You've got to be pleased with your ability to tackle the challenge. . .and you made it look easy! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete