Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hrmph. No Show


So, one thing I've struggled with is how to deal with appointments who set an appointment, then cancel.  Yep the MOB did it.  We were to meet at 5, she called at 3 to say it wasn't going to work and could we reschedule for the end of February.... I said yes and hung up the phone.  So, here I am with 4 necklaces and options, ready to go and no where to take them.  Anyone need some bridal jewelry? =)

Truth of the matter.... if she wants me to go forward, I will be asking for a deposit.  I don't think that's wrong - you pay a deposit on a dress - you pay a deposit on flowers - why should I be any different?  I shouldn't.  It's hard to say that, though.  My time and the money I invested in this little adventure DO matter.  I can't do this all the time....ordering crystals, stones, pearls, not knowing the colors or any other details really.... so why not?  Because it's hard to say to someone that YOU value your time.  I'd think this is a struggle for most early business owners.  I'd love to hear any recommendations y'all have for how to deal with this in the future.

For now - I wore one of the necklaces to the doctor and WalMart.  It was hot.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/121690359/custom-brides-pearl-and-swarovski







1 comment: